PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ Turboprops announced in Skywest tie up
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 19:52
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bloodywell hope its got an APU! I mean seriously were in 2011.

You would have thought taking Q400s and trying to entice Qflink drivers over with more money to create a disturbance to QFlink by 'poaching' their pilots
Puff they can't base purchasing a type on stealing pilots. Nor can they base their recruitment practices on hurting the opposition. I agree its a great idea but there would be a lot more to consider I'm sure.

DJ really seemed to believe that passengers would flock to a 'jet' if it was being flown against a prop, sadly I think they failed to realise that most people have NO IDEA of the difference between a Q400 or a E-Jet,
Yep a Godfrey decision along with live to air, premium economy, 777's with small cargo doors, Navitaire and who know what else. Kudos for starting it and getting it up and running but at the 4 year mark it was time to go. I'm sure there were many within that were pulling their hair out at the time. Having said all that the 777's are getting closer to breaking even and might one day be the big earner for the group.

I think the public do prefer a jet thats pretty obvious. What is more obvious looking at the 170 ATR comparison is that the dollars just don't add up on those routes.

One has to ask: If the Ejets were never bought in the first place would Borghetti be seeking out the E190 or any type to be placed on the "thinner" 737 routes today? Somehow I don't think so. I think the E190s are still here because to remove them would be too hard at this point. I suspect the returning Captains mentioned a few posts ago realise this and are heading back to the 73 while they can.

Good luck to the XR guys and those wanting to fly the ATR.