PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captains on £45,000 per year !!!
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 23:25
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, maybe my 'stabbing you in the back' comment was a little over the top, but my point is;
as hard as some people fight, and as much as they risk for the good of everyone as a collective, there will always be others that will move in and take the easy option, regardless of the outcome for everyone else.

If someone is happy to live outsides of their means should anything happen to them, then that is not my fault. Everyone is in the same boat. We all have bills and mortgages, just some of us aren't stupid enough to go and buy a nice new BMW M3 on HP after finishing line training and still owing £100K in loans, and then moan that your not earning enough money when your hours are down for the month.

Anyway, this is getting off the thread. The £45k salary is a disgrace, and I know personally, I would rather not be doing this job and seeing my family earning a little less doing something totally different, than sitting somewhere in europe coming "home every night" to a hotel room and not seeing my family on a fixed 5-3.
Maybe my priorities are wrong, but family and quality of life is more important to me then getting Cosmic Radiation 10 hours a day for £45,000!!