PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 21:31
Fender Strat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh... but if someone has already logged a request for sight of BASSA's books, the meter is already ticking and the 28 days for coming up with the goods will expire before the ballot closes. I sincerely hope that BASSA don't try to fob this off as it could scupper their ballot. I'm sure that here is no cause for concern on the book-keeping. A responsible branch would know that any irregularities or untoward payments would leave them open to criticism and thus they would not place themselves in such a position.

I note that the tenor of Len McCluskey's comments suggest that the ballot will once again be linked to the previous action. I just wonder if the BASSA faithful who will once again vote for action appreciate that there are enough temporary cabin crew available for BA to be able to sack strikers and run a 100% schedule. As soon as the company starts issuing P45s it can take on temps, strike or no strike. I just wonder whether those keeping the faith are prepared to not only lose staff travel but also their jobs. I do hope that the union point out the potential issues with any strike as I'm not sure if they are covered legally from action by the membership if they don't.