PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accused ATA Pilots Pass Alcohol Test
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2002, 02:45
Shore Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Could always request that the person puts his/her accusation in writing. Might give them pause for thought".

........Most of the personnel in security here in the States would have a hard time puting anything in writing...I think most of them sign their check with an "x".

from Shore Guy...(who had to remove his shoes twice this morning, boot up the computer twice, had my entire self gone over with a chemical/exposive sniffer, and had everything in both checked and carry on inspected before boarding - three inspections prior to boarding on a domestic flight - profiled because of one way (crew de-positioning) ticket.

If I felt these procedures were truly enhancing security and reducing "the threat", I would not be so sarcastic. But security procedures in the States are absurd....anyone who has a small bit of airport knowledge can get themselves into a secure area with little/no problem. While the low/no threat passengers are going through the new rituals, (rituals that are serving to drive away the flying public in droves - the 130+ seat aircraft I finally boarded had about 25 passengers), the real bad guys are no doubt observing, laughing, and learing how to circumvent these new procedures.