PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captains on £45,000 per year !!!
Old 22nd Feb 2011, 10:12
stuckgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The main problem you will face is the kind of chap I worked with the other day. "I will accept anything they offer me as I have pilot loans and a family to feed. I just need to keep my job what ever they pay"!!
Not turning this into another one of 'those' threads, but things will never change if the guys that are willing to make a stand for the better of everyone, are going to be undercut and stabbed in the back by guys like that.
Jayc, that's a very unfair comment to make, though i don't disagree at all with the rest of your post.

you give an example of somone who, like many of us are constrained by the diminishing state of the industry while trying to put a roof over his family's head and put food on the table and you make the assertion that he is stabbing other pilots in the back ?

If he decides not to accept what he can get and walks are *you* going to feed and home his family out of your pocket?

What's the chances of him getting a better paid position in the UK ? if it was available he would have taken it, you can be sure.

The driving factor is elsewhere, check your PM.

Last edited by stuckgear; 22nd Feb 2011 at 10:30.