PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ Turboprops announced in Skywest tie up
Old 21st Feb 2011, 22:42
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see your point but nobody kicked up a stink at the time and now it is going ahead like it or not (In fact most didn't give a **** cause it was "just a turbo prop"). Now that courses have been cancelled we should pay attention?

Unless the respective unions get a deal with the big cheese saying that the turbo prop division can have career progression within VB then it won't be an option. I haven't heard one person even talk about it. Remember though it goes both ways and we can't complain when XR people turn up on our door step knocking for a 73 job.

Personally I am in favour of it as it will quickly attract significant numbers of quality applicants for the operation AND will allow the likes of speedjet to go and do what he/she wants careerwise.

Guess my post was more about ME afterall. Hey maybe all the jet FO guys will drop everything to go and fly a prop... (maybe I'm the odd one out! Wouldn't be the first time!!)

As for merging seniority lists consider what would happen if XR's got merged into VB. There's a few boys over there I suspect would have some massive years of service.