PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OK So why the bloody hell do we do it?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2002, 21:31
planepsycho
Memphis Belle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been asking myself for six years...."Why do I do this". The ramp is always hotter than hades without the promise of a breeze, Jet A smells like kerosine and usually I take a bath in it once or twice each day, all of the equipment seems to tear up at the same time and never can get a repair until Monday, ......on call after hours 365 days each year even if the office is closed on "a holiday". The telephone never stops ringing, paperwork is piled to the ceiling and sometimes I'd like to have a weekend off. The reason I love the world of aviation from my point of view is......I've met some wonderful, genuinely kind people who come back time after time and appreciate my efforts in making their flight run smoothly. I get to stay outside all day......take breaks if I feel like it........ I suppose I love what I do because everyday is diifferent. I never see the same people or do the same job day in day out. I do different jobs on different days and that doesn't make my job monotonous. Personally I have never fit into a regular office job with 4 little walls to look at for 8 hours, nor do I have wear myself out to make production. I get to watch some spectacular aircraft landings. This is where I "fit into the world"......and I am glad I've found somewhere that I do.