PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ Turboprops announced in Skywest tie up
Old 21st Feb 2011, 12:09
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Gidday TID'.

When the "Australian Pilots Time to unite" thread was started, some discussion was had regarding the deterioration of Wages and Conditions of pilots, and the effect that this would eventually have on safety. Your reason for the deletion of many of these posts were words to the effect..." this issue is too important to become another debate over T&C's" or something along those lines.

As that topic progressed it became apparent that the inexorable lowering of pilots wages and conditions was in fact relevant. Reference to the appalling working conditions of the Colgan pilots, and the need to guard against it happening here was suddenly tolerated, and in fact became a significant topic of discussion within the thread, (ie: Jetstar Cadets/overseas basings). The original posts however were not re-instated?

In my opinion, the outcome of whatever pilots are paid to operate the Skywest/DJ turbo-prop services may very well determine the stability of the operation. That's why I threw it into the mix.

It seems however you feel this is of no relevance. I appologise for the "Thread-Drift" and for what it's worth I will refrain from the offending discussion.

This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds!