PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sidesteping in a A320 (Max taxi speed and landing callout)
Old 21st Feb 2011, 11:29
shortfuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's count together then...

Cause I know you weren't referring to G/S gpws inhibit (I was)...you were simply saying that the OP should better do his rwy change OR inhibit the GPWS. That last recommendation out of any particular context is a bit surprising. By doing so you're getting rid of other precious gpws modes.
Now if you're trying to tell us that some rwy on some specific airports require gpws to be inhibited in our scenario, yes...but not as a general rule as you implied in your previous post.

The aircraft does take lots of info from the landing rwy inserted in the primary but in the case of side-step (both rwy axis within 30deg...otherwise I call it a circle-to-land not a side-step anymore):
- GS mini is still valid
- ILS freq...well you're about to fly a visual app, if you wanna stick to a LOC and G/S, don't accept the side-step in the first place
- Landing elev: rwy thresholds difference is normally within 50 to 100 feet, so again not a big deal here at all
-(E)GPWS...to be considered