PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 21st Feb 2011, 05:36
BlueUpGood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

I will leave that job to others with a bigger agenda. If the Bassa membership and the relevant Unite officers are happy with the situation, then that is up to them. I get good value for my subscription. I hope that the Bassa members feel the same way.
I think that's it in a nutshell.. Whilst you feel you get good value from BASSA, there are growing numbers who feel let down, or even sold down the river by the BASSA leadership.

Whilst I'm not a (former or present) BASSA member, I would want full accountability for my subscription, particularly given (IMHO) the autocratic and self serving actions of Mr Holley and Miss Malone.

Given that it is a legal requirement to produce audited accounts on demand to BASSA members, surely it's best to now just get the facts out in the open and let members see them for themselves, as is their right? I wouldn't describe this as a witch hunt, more a demand for clarity from an organisation that has rather earned a reputation for being shambolic and reckless with the interests of it's members.

I totally respect your view of BASSA Litebulbs, and a review of the accounts will give you the evidence to maintain or modify that view. If BASSA are found to have acted responsibly and within the law, then you can proceed with confidence. If there is any evidence that BASSA have been reckless or even dishonest with your money, then surely you would want to know?