PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sidesteping in a A320 (Max taxi speed and landing callout)
Old 20th Feb 2011, 17:03
pezetaroi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sidesteping in a A320 (Max taxi speed and landing callout)

Hi guys, I was wondering if your company has any written procedure regarding the FMGS active FPLN in a sidestep approach.

There is a bit of a controversy whether or not to activate the secondary flight plan when you are cleared for a sidestep approach and are aprox at 5 to 7nm from the runway.

I have donde several of this type in LAX, SFO and basically in MEX. The point is that even though both runways have the same missed appoach procedure, I think you should activate the SEC FLPN with the runway you are actually landing in. Nevertheless, there are several pilots who leave the active FLPN as it is, and simply continue the approach as a visual one.

What do have to say about this?

cheers

ps: also:
1) Is 30 kts still the maximum taxi speed, even though you are back taxiing on a active runway?
2) I understand the "CONTINUE" callout at minimums is a confirmation of the PF to the PNF that he is landing the aircraft. As visual approaches don't have a minimum, after the landing configuration, where should the callout "CONTINUE" be made? ( I recall when I flew the 727, there was a "LANDING" callout, which had to be made either at minumums or at 500 ft in case of visual landings)