PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtanker
Thread: Airtanker
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2011, 21:32
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sainstman said:
"Companies like SERCO have been paying low rates for years but still have managed to carry out their contracts. I remember Airworks paying peanuts but they still managed to recruit.

AirTanker may have to put up with a high turnover, but I'm sure that they will find takers for the jobs on offer.

Besides, with the RAF having hardly any aircraft left, they won't be visiting those nasty places that often, so maybe not that bad a life after all."

SERCO don't do many civil market jobs though do they? I wonder why?
Airworks went bust in UK due to very poor standards (F3 rivet removals) That pair don't even get a look in for civil aviation standards. The saying about monkeys and peanuts comes to mind...

So - the RAF/AirTanker are prepared to lose their manpower through constantly training future LAE's? - Dream on...

EASA Regs state that at least 50% of the manpower must be permanent staff to maintain stability on type experience. You can't maintain stability by replacing all your staff over a couple of years. The CAA (and not the in-house maleable MAA) are used to that trick, believe me.

After two years the CAA could pull the AOC or 145 due to a lack of driver or mechanic stability.
Their findings will be based upon the phrase "Fix it or go bust".

Simples!