PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtanker
Thread: Airtanker
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2011, 08:39
Dominus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ex Tanker dude and an ex Mil QFI, current Airbus 330 TRI I called them to ask about the package. I basically received a "please apply through the usual channels" answer and all I wanted was a brief terms and conditions package briefing. On that note I asked them what was the application rate like and the answer was about 3 a day, but almost all from eastern European countries and was told that the majority of appplicants will not even be asked to interview due to non Airbus!

In the current role a civvy TRI will earn perhaps in the region of Group Captain to Air Commodore salary! Air Tanker have little hope of recruiting the right people unless they open up their secretive shroud around the package as it appears they don't want to advertise it in the event NO ONE will apply!

The next concern is that the most suitable applicants will be in their early to mid 40's and the 55 age limit to end the contract is a real negative for possible future employment elsewhere. Oh, and of course all of us fat civvy guys need to get to the gym to pass the bleep test (wasn't that one of the reason's I left?)

So I will be very interested to see if they are honest and advertise the package and if not, see what quality of applicants they get?