PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 18th Feb 2011, 23:41
Sporran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs,

Your 'lengthy' post above just does not make any sense to me.

1. The dispute has cost more than the required savings!
I dont think so! Dus to the non-existent negotiating from bassa, BA have made the initial required savings through the reduction of crew. The introduction of MF will save tens of millions of pounds per year - but I consider that as payback for causing the airline to lose money through needless strike action!!

2. Return to pre dispute crew complements!!!!!!
You are kidding surely. Why would BA allow CSDs to distort cushions in their offices? The remotest thought that BA would ever return to the previous 'over-manning' levels is rediculous!

3. Re-instate ST!!
Why should the company do this? I am sure it will be used as a bargaining chip, but I hope it is not 'just' returned per se.

4. bassa delivering convincing numbers after another ballot!
Does it really matter now? Forward bookings are looking healthy, many more vccs being trained, numerous bassa members realising what a bunch of chumps their 'leaders' are!!

As much as I would love to see a negotiated settlement, I cannot see it having a chance while the present bassa shower are holding onto power. They look more and more like a middle eastern dictatorship all the time.

Litebulbs, you are normally so very sensible and balanced in your posts, but I do not think that your post above made much sense. However, as ever you still come across as the voice of reason. I am certain that if you had been negotiating on behalf of bassa members, then this dispute would not be where it is!!