PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost Comparison of Integrated Courses
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2011, 16:15
markwalker92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not quite pipersam. If EZY pay you that back over 7 years, you can expect a reduced salary to go with it i.e. I'm pretty sure you'll still only be getting the equivalent, at best, of a non-cadet FO's net income each month - it's just yours will be split into a 'cadet salary' and part of your £69k 'repayment'.

You end up paying one way or another!
Regardless of how you pay it back, at least this way there is some hope that your repayments will be met until you move onto bigger and better things.

Consider CabAir - They are highly unlikely to go to the lengths that CTC go to, to find employment for you (this is in no way a criticism of the quality of CabAir's training, on which I am unable to comment) and after visiting both CabAir and CTC, I know which FTO I would want to train with. £1100 per month doesnt come easily!

Pipersam - I think you will find that CTC DO cover your exam and test fees. They just won't cover you for resits, as far as I am aware.

MagicTiger - Go modular. Then enjoy the struggle for a job when you find yourself up against experienced FOs / ex-RAF / an integrated course graduate who has the benefit of course structure behind them. The extra £40,000 might seem a bit much for a bit of structure and some career support (and TR if you're lucky..), but can you really put a price on improving your employability in a harsh job climate like this?

Still, I won't go into the whole Integrated vs Modular thing, I think there is enough info to read on it within PPRuNe to last anyone a few years...