PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XLS job or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2011, 13:47
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure about that!

IVER -
I'd choose Ryanair. Fair schedule, home every night, good 737NG time and experience.
I have to ask where you consider 'HOME' to be?
Join Ryanair, put in your list of bases, and then expect them to not be one of your choices.

PEBA -
think of your family and commuting if you need to.best of luck!!
I would think of my family by not taking a job with no idea of where you will based at the end of your type rating.
At least the XLS job has told you WHERE you will be living and based from.

DRAKESTREAM -
I'd take the 737 just because it's easier to transfer over to Bizjets later from the airlines than the other way round.
Total garbage! You are planning on paying for a type rating with Ryanair now as a first officer for £22,000. If you go off to fly bizjets and in 5 years want to come to airlines, you will STILL have to pay £22,000 to be a cadet in Ryanair.
Bizjets are reluctant to go near Airline guys because they have the wrong attitude. It is all about SAVE FUEL - ON TIME. Bizjets are all about HURRY UP AND WAIT - Take the principle guest where ever he wants to go.
Private is even more the case, only now you take enough fuel to take the principle anywhere he wants, or might want!

If you ask me, take the XLS job. It is cheaper, it will be more fun, it has a base location that you know, and once you are in the private jet world and have the experience, doors open.
If you want to get into the airlines, you can always pay at any point, whether it be now, or 5 years time!