PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XLS job or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2011, 08:46
dbriglee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a friend in Ryanair.... They are NOT nice people. They dont really have a bidding policy. They can change you to anywhere in their network, PERMANENTLY. They dont have any seniority there. No leave pay. No sick pay. Self employed contracts.

He was initially based at east mids, it took him 2 years to even SPEAK to the person who organised the bids to move to his preferred base of Bristol. Emails/phone calls were never replied to.
Anyway, he eventually got it.

Then 2 months after being at Bristol they phoned him up, ''yeah we're making some changes now, you are going to have to be based in Brussels. Permanently!!!''

He had 2 weeks to sort accommodation, was coming back on the eurostar on his days off, (There were no ryanair flights direct back home), and he could be posted to fly out of any ryanair base within the roster aswell! Trains and hotels were needed to get to airports too, obviously at his own cost.

You do your own tax returns (and although this is not much of a problem), but now i have been told, recently they have yet another way to rip their pilots off. They have set up their own financial company who sorts the accounts at the ryanair side of things, which is a total farce, as they take some of your salary each month, when it has NOTHING to do with them.
He never got the leave he requested.

SO MANY OTHER STORIES!

Rant over....... Ironically, I would go for Ryanair, BUT, only if you dont mind being dick*ed around too much, and dont expect many good gestures from them. Do your time and leave.

Just in the recent recruitment for BA, he go in there! so now he's loving it.