PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th Feb 2011, 08:43
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that Bassa will deliver another vote with convincing numbers and 6000 is a convincing number.
I disagree. As DH has publicly stated that a ballot won’t result in a strike what is the ballot voting in favour of? Can you imagine the result announcement: “An overwhelming majority of 80% have voted in favour of, err…?”

Any further ballots will tell me nothing from now on. Large votes can be explained by the fact that anyone would vote yes as it was not going to result in anything. Low results can be explained by the fact that as the ballot wasn’t going to result in anything why bother voting.

He has ruined ballots in my view to the point where they, and their numbers generated, will be as irrelevant as the strikes they are not going to generate.

The ballot question may as well be “are you a little bit unhappy with something at work, but not enough to do more than post this back with an X?” What company wouldn’t get a majority yes vote in such circumstances.