PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2011, 13:01
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair on DUB-MAN

horatio b

The loading you report is a poor one but it is not typical of the DUB-MAN route as a whole. By Saturday evening, most people traveling for the weekend have already reached the location they wish to visit, but have yet to commence their return journey. Saturday teatime is also an unlikely choice for business travelers.

As it happens, that particular day also saw the Manchester United v Manchester City premiership 'derby' match with a lunchtime kick off. This is a very popular event amongst soccer fans from Ireland. I suspect (although I do not have the supporting data) that RYR and EIN will have enjoyed healthy demand with good yield on the morning eastbounds and evening westbound flights that day. In fact, I suspect that they would be well satisfied generally with traffic between Dublin and Manchester last weekend, as Rugby Union fans were in the mix too. As an aside, additional charter flights operated from Ireland / Scotland for the United v City match. Operators were CityJet, Aer Arann, Eastern Airways and Loganair.

Taking the big picture, as opposed to an off-peak snapshot, DUB-MAN has proved a particularly successful route for Ryanair.

Regards. SHED.