PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRAQ or ZIMBABWE
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2002, 16:57
Chaffers
Over 1000 posts and I bought this Personal Title to try and tell my mother the embarrassing news that I am a closet Jazz fan.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jackonicko:

Military power is still the ultimate arbiter between states. Bush appears to understand this while others put their faith in dialogue. The UN needs the US far more than the US needs the UN, quite frankly its been an expensive thorn in their side for a very long time. It will be interesting to see whether your faith in the UN is justified. Interesting to note the cancellation of an American tycoon's 1 billion dollar gift to the UN though.

Any resolution put before the security council will immediately be vetoed you understand, and the prospect of dependant nations declaring sanctions against the US would be self defeating. For dependant nations read most of the civilised world. Its about time American injected a dose of realism into internaional relations.

Fair point about making themseles more of a target for terrorism, however I cannot foresee them dropping from the top of the terrorist target charts for decades anyway. Quite frankly Dubya is currently summoning a 5th horseman of the appocalyse to use on anyone and anything conected with 911. I feel it would be wise not to to get in his way.