PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can too much "knowledge" hurt during PPL training?
Old 15th Feb 2011, 16:27
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to be heavely involved in Flight sim third party development as well as active in the forums.

What always surprised me was the level of knowledge especially in the hardcore flight sim brigade which would have made an ATP wince.

The knowledge was accurate and detailed. As a real world pilot I had to be really careful what I posted as even the tiniest mistake would be jumped on and rectified. (Very simular to here

So will flight sim knowledge harm you? NO Will you jump from a flight sim model into the real aircraft and fly the real with similar skills NO!!!
They are miles apart! The flight sim dynamics especially released by MS were poor puppet on a string dynamics with massive flaws.
Some of the third party addons were far better but still flawed compared to the real deal.

But will the knowledge you have gleaned from flight sim hinder you? NO you might even teach your instructor a thing or two on the knowledge side not the flying side

Pace