PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st cross country flight, hit turbulance and ??
Old 15th Feb 2011, 15:07
Big Duke 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all i would very much like to thank you for your replies.

Like anything else the learning process is about being open to constructive criticism among other things.
To be honest i was scared during one part of the flight during which i was not sure what was happening.
My attitude is that if it scare's you and you cant get over it, well this career ain't for you.
Alas i have no problem, but i have learnt a few things and will always want to learn more.
I have my goal set so nothing will stop me getting there, where people criticise that's ok once its not vindictive.
I did chat with my instructor regarding my flight but i also find it good to get other views on this.

ROTORWASHED- I have flow with two other schools before choosing my current one, of which there are two very experienced instructors with whom i have flow.
They are well respected in the industry. I have no complaints.

ASCEND CHARLIE- YEA it was 3000' amsl.

Benjamin James- You can't really fly for too long without passing over a 2000' hill where i fly.

[email protected] This route is normal for cross country flying . I did fly it first with my instructor, it was just a different experience on my own. Once you know what your getting into that's how i will learn, i agree.

Brilliant Stuff- I agree i am back out this Sunday, no worries though. Cant wait.

Toptobottom- I am using this site as a sounding board as there are a lot of experienced folks here and want different views. I am learning via this site as well. I will be chatting again with my instructor about my flight and its good to get other peoples view too.

NickLappos- Thanks, and i don't take it personally. In fact ill take on board what everyone has to say and learn from it. That's why I'm on here,thing is we have all been in flying situations I'm sure that where "interesting", and if we don't learn from them whats the point.

Devil 49- Will be back sunday to thoroughly chat again re flight, Cheers.

Brian Abraham- Cheers.

BD6.