PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Jetstar Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2011, 10:45
genex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,

I live for a lot more than to indulge in slanging at anyone. I have a lot of QF shares and no desire to bucket them, my fellow pilots or indeed anyone else-even those who find themselves rather short of civility and apparently of experience as well.

The issue of cadets has many facets and safety will only arise as one of them if training is neglected or rushed. That is a fact and well proven. If the general contention is that there is something inherent within JQ that it will necessarily neglect or rush the cadet training then that issue and that alone must be raised. That cadets may or may not be faced with impoverishment is a choice for them to make. Qantas pilots had a chance to get a scope clause many moons back....didn't have the strength to act to secure their future then and now cadets and off-shore T & C are a fact.

As for the QF incidents. They are facts, not slanging. I am sad that they happened. I'd be sad if they happened to any other carrier too. There is no joy in ineptness ever, specially in a cockpit with live bodies down the back. The ATSB slammed Qantas after BKK just as they should have and just as I hope they do for any other carrier whose pilots similarly stuff up. That's any carrier from NASA to Air Bazurkistan. The point I was trying to make was that this stuff happens to all carriers. Some of the notable recent clangers have come from major established carriers: Air France (Toronto), Southwest (Midway), American (Jamaica). It is a very foolish pilot who only ever points the fingers at others. Humility may not be a popularly understood attribute for good pilots to develop: it is however indispensable for good pilots to be say often: "There but for the grace of God go I"....I cannot find it within my capability to see any difference between a near hull loss on a poorly flown go-around and a near hull loss on a go around from an approach that should never have been attempted. Both are poor piloting whoever was at the controls and whatever logo is on the tail.

Unity is the only future pilots have.....but right now there are precious few believers of that concept even in pilot ranks. The truth is that the forces arrayed against a "good" group-wide outcome for pilots are probably darker, well-led and more unified than was even the case in 1989.

Good luck.