PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 15th Feb 2011, 09:10
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I understood it at the time of the Unite merger, the basic difference between the Amicus and TGWU branches was in the way they managed their funds. CC89 had to pay all their subs to AEEU/Amicus and then Amicus paid the bills. Bassa had always had autonomy over their own accounts and, apart from paying their tithes to Unite, TUC and some to the Labour party, were allowed to maintain this position after the merger. (Members can opt out of Labour party contributions) They were keen to maintain this right on the grounds that if they needed to hire an office on the Bath road, pay someone to manage the membership details(lol) or any other things rising from a dispute, then they could. They also pay every rep a daily rate for days not flying but I'm not sure how much that is. I imagine that their wage bill has gone through the roof if they are paying DH, NM and any others who are no longer on the BA payroll.

I'm suspecting that, unless one of the reps was an accountant in another life, the accounts are disorganised without necessarily being corrupt.