PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Jetstar Whistleblower
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2011, 22:26
balance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A great summation for which the author should be commended.

In my 25 years plus, in aviation, I have never seen morale amongst a group of pilots nearly as low as that of this Jetstar group. I strongly believe that the Australian travelling public deserve much better than to be flown around by pilots of a major Australian airline who feel under constant threat and who are worried about their futures. Jetstar management have, I can confirm, been warned by some very senior pilots, who see what goes on on Jetstar flight decks, that they have a major problem in this regard.
The reply by these managers is typical, and to quote, ‘’we don’t think we have a problem’’. I wish to state for the record, that I strongly feel that this low morale amongst the Jetstar pilot group is a huge problem and has the potential for a negative safety outcome.
Are you reading this all you journalists out there? Are you happy to go flying still? So find a way to report it! Let the people know what is really happenning. Because we have seen what happens when a pilot reports it!

Jetstar pilots, you guys need to grow a backbone. You need to fight. You need to stop saying to Qantas pilots "but you guys didn't want us, you didn't help us". No - thats because we could see what was coming. And here it is happenning.

So now we ALL need to stand up and say "NO"! EVERYBODY. Engineers, Flight Attendants, Ground Staff and Pilots alike.

The consequences if we don't? As our friend suggested above, "A NEGATIVE SAFETY OUTCOME". Aka: a smoking hole in the ground.