PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 14th Feb 2011, 22:23
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll happily admit that I am not an expert in these fields, but it shows what can be achieved if you just do some homework, however small.

BASSA has relied upon it's members being of the 'can't be bothered' or 'doesn't interest me' brigade. Whether you like it or not, that seems to be mostly what they have got as a membership, and it has resulted in the BASSA committee and their cohorts taking advantage, and fibbing and scheming their way through it all. All for little else than the personal advantage of a very select few, but at the expense of many, including BA staff that have absolutely nothing to do with BASSA!

With a disinterested attitude, BASSA members have absolutely no right to expect a safe haven from retaliation by BA in this industrial dispute. All that has gone on is deserved by BASSA members, I'm afraid. If you want to play big boys 'games', you had better have done your homework. Excuses such as 'I never knew' or 'I didn't think it was important' just don't cut it as union members. Unfortunately, you allowed yourselves to be played for fools.

Industrial action is big stuff, and you have deservedly got hammered. I feel sure that there is more hammering to come. Because you didn't do your homework! The committee are idiots, and members didn't ask searching questions, allowing the committee to get away with figurative murder.

Now that some have sensibly walked away from BASSA, or those still within BASSA are finally, belatedly asking questions, you only have to do a little homework, and BASSA are quickly shown for the shallow, fibbing, conniving tripe that they are. If you want closure, deal with the problem - the BASSA committee!