PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 14th Feb 2011, 17:43
Abbey Road

Received 24 Likes on 4 Posts
Landroger,

Not quite, I think. You must read 30 (1) in it's entirety. It begins with "A member of a trade union has a right ........". It has to be a member of BASSA or Unite. BASSA is a section of Unite, so someone wishing to see the accounts of BASSA only needs to be a Unite member, not necessarily a BASSA member. However, as has already been highlighted, a person who was previously a member of Unite or BASSA can ask to see accounts for the period that they were members.

More interesting details from this TULCRA link futher up the thread shows that a union must provide, to the Certification Officer, an Annual Return (Section 32 - Annual Return) that includes this:
(aa)details of the salary paid to and other benefits provided to or in respect of
(i)each member of the executive,

(ii)the president, and

iii)the general secretary,
by the trade union during the period to which the return relates,
and
(c)a copy of the rules of the trade union as in force at the end of the period to which the return relates
Section 32A requires that the union also provide the full details of that annual return, within 8 weeks of it being sent to the Certification Officer, to all of it's members! So all members must be informed, as shown in Section 32A (3) (d), of the details of
the salary paid to and other benefits provided to or in respect of—
(i)each member of the executive,

(ii)the president, and

(iii)the general secretary
That means that all BASSA or former BASSA members must have had access to DH's BASSA salary, allowances and benefits (preferable rate mortgage or preferable rate loans?). If not, why not?