PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2011, 18:08
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seem a few TV interviews with MOL. He has 2 mantras, which he quoted incessantly. 1. RYR has the lowest ticket price. 2. RYR has no fuel surcharge. When asked why RYR had increased its add-ons by between 350-600% in the passed 6 years he repeated the above mantras. He claimed that everything was an optional extra. When asked about the airport check-in fee on the internet as being mandatory he claimed that it was not a surprise as the pax was made aware of it befoe buying. It didn't answer the question as to why it was not included in the ticket price. The same with the 'insurance & wheel chair levy'. They should be plain & simple. If the lowest ticket price is the holy grail then these extras will remain. What pax do not seem to understand that the 'fare' might not always be the cheapest option. Often I find that a major carrier is similar priced, considering a realistic baggage load, and often at more convenient times. I'm amazed at the prices ez & FR charge nearer the date or as the a/c fills up. I also amazed at the last booking pax are paying these prices. The majors are often cheaper in the same circumstances. Surely the LoCo's will need to change. The competition is hotting up.