PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2011, 18:05
jdcg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My understanding was that with BA the fuel surcharge is already included in the quoted price on their website.
I think most passngers now know that when they book with a cheap airline they'll have to run the gauntlet of add-on fees for baggage, insurance etc if they so wish. But what's really annoying is to go through all that and then find that you are charged way over the odds for paying by credit card and especially debit card. Even worse with Ryanair is that you pay per passenger, not per transaction, which is just completely dishonest in my view. Also, to theoretically charge you for online check-in is just insolent. Those charges pop-up when you're booking straightaway so why bother getting people's backs up - just include it in the initial price. It's been a pain in the neck having to sort out an Electron card and then a Mastercard prepaid, but they're not that difficult to sort out. If they just charged a fair price for a normal card I would use that every time, even if FR made, say, 50p profit per transaction on it anyway. The reality is though that they want to make more profit from it and so we all end up feeling abused and the likes of "Which" get involved.