PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2011, 08:34
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INKJET; I have to say that I completely agree with. The 'credit card charges' are in no way a reflection of the actual charges that the airline incurs when they accept credit cards as method of payment.

A company like Ryanair on most cards excl Amex(which they wont accept) would incur a very small percentage in fees owing to their scale and clout, I would guesstimate 1.2%-1.5% tops.

I'm all for a level playing field and more transparency will lead airlines like Ryanair to publish a fare that reflects the complete cost of carrying a passenger from A to B, and not just Ryanair but any airline for that matter.

Yes and there are a few who will dive in and give the reasons and the Ryanair position to death. It's irrelevant whether they allow Electron (previously) or Prepaid mastercard now as no fee route. These card providers charge a fee too to Ryanair and allowing 1 card with no fee effectively allows Ryanair to say the charges are actually optional, which is such a fudge.

I have prepaid mastercard which i load up when i think I will want to fly Ryanair, and it takes a few days to transfer funds from my bank account online, so its all not worth the hassle. I try not to use them these days as much as possible.
EI-BUD