PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2011, 20:38
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks as if the FR idea is to copy the Air Berlin hub system at PMI with flights from other Spanish airports to feed into PMI and then on to German and possibly English cities.
No, I don't think so. Ryanair never did anything at all to facilitate transfers from one flight to another, unfortunately. Long ago I've lost my faith to see Ryanair starting connecting flights, they prefer rather selling cheap tickets and flying with unsatisfactory load factors on some routes while the connecting flights could do very much to improve the profitability.

In some cases just better thought schedules could do the trick without any official connecting flights, as FR don't bother to sell them. Say, on Mo and Wed morning from Northern A-airport to a centrally located B-airport and in the evening from there to the Southern European C-airport. Then on Tu, Thu the same flights, but originating in the morning in C, arriving to A in the evening. Totally unofficially, with no hazard to the carrier, without a common ticket. Many pax would decide to make such a combination at their own risk. But no, the present schedules are (on purpose?) constructed as if to prevent people from doing so. Losing many potential pax... why?