PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Feb 2011, 10:16
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

litebulbs,
I think you are right that some of them genuinely fear being forced to work to Mixed Fleet agreements and no matter what we say, they will not see that BA cannot force crew onto a different agreement without negotiating it.

Bassa have been using scare tactics to such a degree in order to muster support that these crew just don't believe anything the company say even when they put it in black and white.

The most silly thing about this whole situation is that, the way Bassa have handled this whole affair has caused it's membership to drop and that in fact could cause BA to derecognised the union in the future and that in turn could lead to our agreements getting changed. So the very people claiming to be protecting our agreements are actually the ones putting them in jeopardy!!!

I will continue to chat to crew, when appropriate, and try and explain my reasons for accepting BA's offer but as others have said it is not that easy. Some people are just not receptive and it is my job to have a happy and coherent crew working as a team and so more often than not, these discussions have to be left OFF the aircraft.

Being in charge of the crew also makes it far more easy for me but for many of the main crew, they are having a dreadful time and are frightened to admit to being a non-striker. Some have actually altered the flights they bid for on Eurofleet because they were basically sent to 'Coventry' by strikers who also bid to do the same type of flights e.g. lates etc. It is very hard for them. Also strikers have lists on their I'phones of non-strikers (bizarrely mostly each others own friends, from prior to the strikes) which is called the Sausages Chips and Beans list and this is scary for some people as they worry that they are on it or are frightened they may be added. So it is not that easy to strike up these conversations Litebulbs.

That's probably why so many of us post on sites like this, just to get our feelings out!!!!