PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Feb 2011, 23:12
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I am afraid Litebulbs that some of them seem to have been somehow brainwashed by Bassa.

I have just done a three day trip with a yellow pen touting crew member who was absolutely lovely to talk to and was a superb crew member. He was brilliant with our passengers and went out of his way to make our passengers have a good flight.

I have flown with him before and he was aware that I worked during the strike and we chatted about the whole situation together throughout the trip in a totally adult manner, respecting each others views. He could see that Bassa had handled this badly and I agreed with him that BA had also handled it badly too, but he still was adamant that he would vote to strike again if balloted even though he agreed that the offer was ok and in fact good.

It all seems to boil down to trust and no matter how I explained that no previous agreement with Bassa had ever had cast iron guarantees more than this one does, it did not change his view. He was also upset about what he saw as unfair sackings and even though we both agreed that none of us new the details of the cases he believed that they must be unfair because Bassa said they were.

I truly hope there is no strike again because I would really hate for someone like him to lose his job because although we had different opinions, he was a really great crew member, totally customer focused and a hard worker.

So there lies the problem. Some people trust absolutely everything they are told by Bassa no matter how much you reason with them. DH truly has a lot of power over some of his members.