PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2011, 14:47
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its about the money!! stupid

Look i have no doubt that Sharm is at the present time "safe" but i come back to the basics, most wouldn't take the risk, i know they'll be some on here who are up for a bit of adventure tourism but the vast majority of punters have voted with their feet and bookings have collapsed and any airline needs to have a high load factor to make any profit, not just a handful it'll be fun die hard's.

Jet2 have had a pasting in the local press for cancelling flights to Sharm, the local rags quoted one couple who alleged that they were told their outbound travel was valid but the return leg was cancelled, the inference been that they would get a refund for the out bound leg only.

This has already cost a fortune and not all will be covered by the companies risks insurance because there is no travel advisory against Sharm and you can't insure against low bookings

Murbarak is now in Sharm so it must be safe!!!

I bet he will be in Saudi by first prayers and whilst the street of Cairo might get back to normal in a few weeks it will be a long time before English tourists will be walking them and until the tourist return Jet2 will stay away

Every cloud has a silver lining and crew planning will be pleased that they now have a chance to crew their summer schedule which was looking very unlikely on the 757 fleet, what a year Volcano's, loads of snow and riots will hit the bottom line