PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 11th Feb 2011, 09:10
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Petermcleland

I would suggest that every NON MEMBER that gets a ballot paper, sends it to his/her manager...Then all these pieces of paper can be presented in court by BA, as evidence
FYI, that was done last time by a number of crew including my best friend. BA are on top of this believe me

VCtenderness

I can assure you 100% this is true!

The BASSA reps kept their heads down and mumbled about being 'bullied' by the wicked BA management and to try and cleanse their souls gave the scheduler a little job on the payroll as a thank you.

They actually got found out because it was the schedulers honeymoon and he arranged for a number of them to be on the (very nice, lucrative) trip and extend the usual courtesy to him and his blushing bride!

Problem was a couple of the other crew members didn't see it like that and dobbed them in
I can concur with the above. Also the lady rep NM who was sacked by BA in early Jan, now also has a job at Unite

Also here is the latest 'blog' from DH.

Just some personal observations from me -

There is no way in this country any union could conduct a ballot that is 100% safe - it simply isn't possible.
Whereas before, judges when looking at injunctions would accept a margin of error, that is increasingly becoming a thing of the past. Blame the political hold on the judiciary for this, not the unions.

Even though legal advice taken following BA's letter to the ERBS seriously cast doubt on BA being successful in the High Court there was enough grey area to make it sensible to reballot. Another month of uncertainty hurts BA more than us.

An example of how ludicrous things are becoming - One of the problems surrounded a website report back from Amicus's branch meeting, held a week before the ballot closed, which said how the membership reiterated their opinion that any overall settlement must include the initial crew complement imposition. I gather BA insisted that this "report back" from a meeting had tainted the ballot (as if) and crew would now believe they were voting on crew complements. As we have already had a strike on this issue then the 12 week protection period would be exhausted and going out again BA would be able to dismiss instantly claiming the strike was continuous. Extremely tenuous I know and also highly debateable but BA are exploiting every loophole - so much so it is dangerous to even report back what members say at branch meetings.

What now? Well we said it will be a war of attrition and that is what it has become. Keep voting yes, keep the faith and keep going.

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 11th Feb 2011 at 09:33.