PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Proposed QF Group Pilot Seniority
Old 10th Feb 2011, 08:59
C207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spin from QF PR

I am a mainline QF pilot. I have read the documents pertaining to AIPA's claims.

AIPA in summary have come up with a mechanism to stop mainline flying from disappearing to any number of entities management can dream up. They have also asked for Redundancy provisions to be put in place so that when they inevitably come we can pay the bills till we work out what to do with ourselves. We asked also for 2.5% PA.

Somehow management have calculated that all this will cost the company 8.15% pa. The pr department have spun this into we are asking for 8.15% pay rise....

Apparently Aipa offered a 10% pay cut during negotiations. But even this was thrown back in our face.

There is a real feeling amongst mainline pilots that we are already damned. Over the past ten years QF management have slowly, but steadily sidelined us . We've been told some wonderful stories along the way and unfortunately management have lost all integrity. AJ has a massive task on his hands. Im not sure what he could do to win our trust back. The fact that they will not accept Aipa's claims no matter how low we go is further evidence they have something ugly in store for us.

Ive already accepted promotion within QF has dried up. id just like to keep my Job or have provision to work within the group.

This is a turning point. What will be the shape of aviation in oz. Will our sons and daughters look to the skies and dream of being an Airline pilot? Off shore our jobs and there are bound to be more serious consequences. I find it amazing QF would do all this just to save $3 a ticket on your average sector (and yes I've done my homework). when will the government step in.

Why would the sharpest and brightest consider this industry in its present state.