PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 10th Feb 2011, 07:46
Chigley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much more of their members money are they going to waste on ridiculous ads in papers that the public just see as a desperate attempt to win favour? The last 'Brutish Airways' campaign was a complete disaster if it's purpose was to 'enlighten' the good british public, because they still think that BA cabin crew are a bunch of self serving, greedy waiters/waitresses and this desperate inaccurate rubbish will only cement those beliefs with the public and media.

I'm a little bit sick of being tarred with the same brush as these militants. This ad is written as though it's the 'voice' of all BA crew not a small majority who have backed themselves into a corner and now have nowhere to turn.....but sadly everyone has had enough and nobody is listening anymore.

Personally, I think BA this week have offered the strikers a lifeline as their Union could have once again got them sacked. This IMO was an opportunity missed. BA should have let them strike and then offered them the choice to sign the deal or leave as they had been unprotected? Now the saga continues, but then theres always the next ballot I guess because as sure as day follows night that too will be ILLEGAL.