PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Feb 2011, 15:10
Llademos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This from BA ...

I am sure you will have heard that Unite cannot announce strike dates on the back of its recent ballot.

Perhaps inevitably, Unite has tried to mask the fact that it did not run a proper ballot by attacking the company.

The fact is it is up to Unite to conduct industrial action ballots in a lawful manner and it didn’t do this.

The good news is we can reassure our customers that the immediate threat of strikes is over and we can further strengthen our strike contingency plans. These are already robust enough for us to fly 100 per cent of our long haul operation.

The bad news is that Unite intends to ballot again.

For most of us, the time has come to move forward. There are exciting times ahead with a renewed focus on our customers and investment in products and services that you can be proud of. In IFCE, we have made the cost savings we need and there’s a real opportunity for investment in you.

For those of you who have signed up to the individual offer, the two-year pay deal begins this month and your pay rise will be in your February pay.

I want that for all of you but Unite is standing in the way by not signing the offer that is still available.

Despite what you may have heard, we have been, and remain, ready to meet with Unite. I hope Unite will pause and reflect. Strike action has achieved nothing during the past two years, and it is casting an unnecessary shadow over what could truly be an exciting chapter for all of us.

Thank you for your continued commitment. If you are in the crew report centre at either Heathrow or Gatwick please come and talk with us. The sooner we can all work as one team to serve our customers the better.