PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Feb 2011, 14:00
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I moved this posting as I feel that we have to fight psychological warfare by the company with our own,
I was trying to think of an example of the psychological advantage created for one group over another. If say, we all started referring to ourselves as First Fleet, by we I mean WW, short haul, EF, as we were created first. Then any other fleet created after us would as a matter of fact be Second Fleet. As it was created second. The psychological image of "First Fleet", is the best, the winners, number one, as that is what the word First means to people. What people associate with the word second, is of something not quite as good, a loser, as that is what the word second creates in peoples minds. So if you always referred to yourselves as first fleet, for that is exactly what you are ( created first ) that promotes a mental picture of the best. Winners. Second fleet are exactly that ( created second ) and give a mental picture of,------- well you get the picture. So any one can use this type of one upmanship without wearing hats. Be the best, join First Fleet.
The above is what we are up against. I fully understand that most pro Bassa crew think the non-strikers are all mad at not backing the union, or even worse not taking up BF's offer. But the above is to me delutional, pathetic and sad.