PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Morale
Thread: Morale
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2011, 13:25
Scotch Bonnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Covenant

Well done for starting this thread. With 34 years in I too am at or close to the end of my career. I am fortunate and earn enough to get by but for all the Soldiers Airmen and Sailors it is a different matter. The erosion of the terms and conditions for the Armed Forces is nothing short of a disaster for many families some of whom cannot earn a second wage (Germany etc). The accumulative effects of the pay freeze, income tax rises, national insurance contribution rises, withdrawal of child benefit (for some), the VAT rise, petrol prices and a high (?) RPI together with the reduction of allowances is a financial train crash. I am seething with contempt for all the "Leaders" who seek to rationalise the raping of a young families disposable income with puerile rhetoric designed to show them in a good light to their superiors and earn them honours and awards. Who is standing up for the little guys and girls? Somebody might well be but it’s not having any effect. Within my sphere of influence I now ensure that when in the UK the working day is tailored to allow maximum flexibility to the workforce so that they can help their families/partners. Where are the senior officers in all this? Anyone above 1 star should take a long look in the mirror and either start getting some b***s and speak out for the common man/woman or resign. Military Covenant? Don't make me laugh Rant over...Almost, If the AFPRB puts up all the charges (quarters etc) without any uplift in wages then they have proven beyond doubt that they have lost any teeth the may of had.