PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2011, 09:48
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it's not TAKE HOME then is it!!!!! A little over exaggeration/posturing!

I think we are all in agreement that their conditions are bad. The thing I find most amusing is that they thought they could get away with the 70% offer business. I know of at least 5 guys who have rejected/withdrawn from their offer due to better job offers elsewhere. Where as at first they said they only had a limited number of 100% available and they were going to be offered to the best candidates they are now handing them out to try and claw back people.
I don't really blame them they are after all a business and as such have margins but they have not seemingly caught on to the fact that it will take more than 100% to attract people. I.E. a better basic salary with increments maybe.
It would appear that most of the 70% contracts seem to have been given to the NON TR'd people which is a double blow for them with their TR cost as well.
I do believe they are a good company but there has to come a time when these T&C'S are improved.

Bluebaron does have a point on the salary though. Their Capt salary is very poor and many of us as FO's in other companies are earning as much if not more. I hope J2 sort this out and recognise that crew are a necessary expense on their books and not just an annoying overpaid outgoing they can squeeze. They would be a great company to join with better T&C's.