PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Feb 2011, 05:27
hongkongfuey01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASSAwitch,

Fantastic !. As a former GMB senior rep and former Airline manager I can see both sides to the story. The problem is, BASSA have misled their membership so badley, it's criminal . Honest to God, I have never witnessed such bad union leadership in all my life. I am a Pilot, it's true, however, I also support unionism, but I have to say, what a bunch of hot headed idiots the top tier of BASSA have been over this dispute.

I feel sorry for the 45 ish odd per cent of the total BA Cabin crew, that actually voted for strike action. You can be sure that push comes to shove, only half again will actually put their money where their mouth is. And when they do, I admire their conviction.

That's the world we live in folks. Mortgages have to be paid. Other halfs have lost jobs, ( see public sector ) kids have to be fed and most of all, we have to make ends meet.

We are ALL lucky in this climate, to have decent, honest to God jobs, my friends.

Remember this, it's hard to let go. Think outside the box. Think miners and imagine yourself with NO income, devorce, depression and maybe worse. This is no joke. This country and indeed the world is in not a happy place. What effect would that have on your lifestyle, family, living standards ? Catastrophic predictions I hear you say ?

Think about it. I lived through it and it wasn't pretty.

Take care my friends,

Last edited by hongkongfuey01; 9th Feb 2011 at 05:40.