PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2011, 04:01
eu01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eu01

I certainly prefer MOL fighting with... well, taxes, fees, politicians ("morons"), airports, other carriers, but do not like him fighting with trains. It resembles me Don Quixote and his windmills, sorry. TheAVE high-speed train will travel from Valencia to central Madrid in just 90 minutes.(...)

So called route planning strategy is seemingly not the the strongest point of FR. Possibly they didn't even bother to analyze the regional infrastructure development plans.... (...)

There is NO NEED to try blindly and with no expertise what happen if we start this or that arbitrary, what for? It can result in selling tickets for six or twelve months for just a few euros, reducing frequencies, losing money without any logical reason. Right, Ryanair is strong enough to afford it, but there is simply no need for it. Carrying out some research, not expensive indeed, could be in fact another form of SAVING real money.
Cited above is my opinion posted here in November 2010 after FR decided to compete with trains on Valencia - Madrid route, with 3 daily flights in both directions. Guess what? The route will end in March. Reiterating: "carrying out some research..."