PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2011, 19:36
Stratobus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok not being too general, at times there is lots of rubbish talked on this forum, lots by peoples that paid for type rating and got no job, so are bit mad at the system, that I am understanding. 2009 I was working as Capt Airbus in Greece, economy is bad so changed to fly Boeing in Turkey, Ok for me was not problem to get job, we are bonded for 3 yrs on type rating... but for low time guys.. we took on about 20 with no hours and no type rating, deal was they do course and if they make standard they get job and are on training wage 2800 euro until passed line check then go on normal FO wage 4000 euro. If they do not meet standards, they still pay type rating costs. Nearly all got jobs, those two that did not were useless and should not have been even as pax.. Last month we took more FOs with higher hours, but they had jet time, not on type, but jet time. CRJ, RJ etc, problem for recruitment/ trainings dept is getting balance mix of low hours and experience, even if not experienced on type. Other problem is validation of licence by authority, Company still gave full type rating to guys that had bought type rating in past and bonded them again,,,why.. because they know standard of TRTO and then there is no excuse if trainings go bad..in short, even if pilot is typed, they still get full course, for Captains is short course, In Turkey there is still big pilot shortage as all airlines are expanding. FOs do DLR test.