PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th Feb 2011, 18:52
Desk Jocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What next?

Whilst I had hoped that BASSA/UNITE would have learnt their lessons regarding invalid ballots from Nov 2009. My fears have been realised, and once again they will be placing more uncertainty for passengers wishing to make future bookings, quote from a friend "Can you believe it? I made a booking for April thinking any IA would have to happen by then, and now they have to ballot again and my trip is at risk?" I could only sympathise with them that the incompetance of these unions is not over yet, and maybe, just maybe they will see sense and return to the negotiating table and end this dispute.

Dave3, I've worked for BA for over 25 years, and still trust them, after having to accept pay cuts, increased workloads, restructrures, and more. Fact: BA and the many of the worlds airlines were in severe financial difficulties 2 years ago, the fact BA made a profit in 2010, was due to measures agreed by 75% of the workforce to reduce costs, why 43% of the remaining workfocr think they should be excempt is beyond me?