PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th Feb 2011, 17:06
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC767

There are some VCC on here.

Question; were the allowances you received/receive the same as new cabin crew recruits into BA, or the same as the 'legacy' crew allowances, which the company seeks to remove and replace?

Genuine enquiry, I don't know the answer.
I'm not VCC but am crew who 'talk' to the many VCC's whom I've had the pleasure of flying with. They quite catorgorically state they get £2.40/hour a la mixed fleet. To be honest most don't even know what they are paid and don't seem to care./ They are NOT doing it for the money.

I really don't know what to say anymore about all this. Its totally beyond comprehension. The fact that the statement is written by a man in charge of an organisation representing 1.5 million workers and is paid a 6 figure sum is quite the most unbelievable thing I've ever read in the 'work' enviroment. I'm afraid BA must surely next time let them strike ( as is their right) declare it illegal, and dismiss the strikers. It would put us all of of this pathetic misery for ever

VCtenderness wrote

The only pockets being lined in this dispute are those of DH and a bunch of lawyers.

Go to the next BASSA meeting and ask for the accounts, ask that they be placed (as they should under rule) on the top table and all members invited to inspect them at the end of the meeting. Ask for the branch auditors names and if they are present ask them to verify the accounts.

Ask what else do the reps get paid or paid for.

Then come here and tell us that all is well and that the only pockets that have been lined are those of loyal BA staff who want to keep their jobs!!!
Well said. As I asked the now gone CCCP, show us the Bassa accounts. More chance of seeing Lord Lucan on Shergar, and I jest not