PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th Feb 2011, 16:12
Ops_Room_Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life in a vacuum

Dave3 you said
They are standing up for What they believe in. They have murdered no one they are in dispute with the company and should have been left to hav their dispute. With out interference from other departments. My belief.

I have heard this last part many times from strikers that feel they are being undermined by others working through the strike.
The problem is you don't live in a vacuum and your actions affect us all.
If this company goes bust or needs to make more cuts because of the consequences of prolonged industrial action and/or the failure to get a reasonable cost base for its staff and/or a union it can negotiate with in an adult manner then my family may well suffer as a result - my loyalties lie with them - not a group of employees who have enjoyed enviable working conditions whilst many of us have taken pay cuts, taken on extra work, moved from location to another location - I WANT TO WORK FOR BA.

If I live in a semi detached house and my neighbour starts building work on his house that affects the safety and structure of my house I have every right to complain and take direct action to save my investment and protect my family.