PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 8th Feb 2011, 16:11
dave3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I enquire why you want to work for a company that you clearly distrust?
May I enquire why you believe that anyone that wishes to oppose your (strike) actions must only be doing it our of financial gain rather than the fact they strongly oppose your unions views and actions. For the record I would work as VCC and pay (a nominal amount) to do so, if I thought it would break this strike and remove the power, contempt and arrogance of a few indivduals who seem intent on ruining the prospects of the company I work for, my family depends on and my pension rests with.
May I enquire what you have 'positively' achieved, individually and collectively thus far from your stikes.

I have worked for this company for some 28years. I allways trusted this company, and in return the company trusted the employees. Its is a glib comment to make I feel "why do you want to work for a company that you clearly distrust.
Having spoken to Willy Walsh and asking him direcly why he was following this path and asking him if he could talk to me in order to change my mind about taking part in strike action. Mr Walsh's reply to me was "Dave I promise you you will be no worse off under these new terms and conditions" Mr Walsh I said "I believe you, however It wont be you who breaks this promise as you will be long gone. It will be the guy that follows behind you" in response to this Mr Walsh laughed and said quote "oh you have the measure of me!!" unquote. I have invested my working career into this company .,we are not some fly by nights who want a short term carreer choice. I am respectful to my commanders and follow the chain of command to the letter. However I have my values.. Why do any of us work at British Airways and not at some charter company?Because of all the things that once made it great. My hope it that it will be great again someday and the wealth of experience of all departments will still be here to pass our experiences on to the next generation.. This can not and should not be about more wealth.. when is enough money and profit never enough?