PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar cadet program
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2011, 08:11
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Prince

Thank you for taking my post in the way is was meant.

Good luck with your research. Unfortunately many in your position don't know what they don't know.

Many pilots will see the cadet as the bad guy. It is my opinion that the promoters of these types of cadet schemes are the bad guys as they prey on the lack of industry knowledge of many aspiring cadets.

Mostly it's what they don't tell you that really matters. For example as I alluded to in my last post. When will you be able to gain an ATPL?

You probably know this anyway but an ATPL is required to captain a multi crew aircraft. In order to get an ATPL you will need a minimum number of hours experience in various categories, one of which is Pilot in Command (P in C) time. The P in C hours gained during your traning will not be sufficient to met the requirements of the ATPL, how will you get those required hours? There are other questions like this that are not readily apparent.

Be aware also that there will be those in the industry who will see cadets from these schemes as undermining their terms and conditions and therefore may not be very accepting of said cadets.

Once again good luck

Last edited by 27/09; 8th Feb 2011 at 08:29.