PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Proposed QF Group Pilot Seniority
Old 7th Feb 2011, 22:54
hotnhigh

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey bubble head what doesn't smell funny but more like "sh*T" is the fact you could have joined mainline say 2001, 2002, prior to the impulse takeover, prior to jetstar, prior to 320/330s in orange and still have no chance of a 330 fo spot.
I know others will say to mainline guys, "well go F&CK yourselves." but ultimately this is probably the last opportunity to stop the rot.
The group seniority list isn't a new concept. If you'd cared to consider its points you would have seen that the a 5th year so couldn't out bid the 4 year 11 month fo in sunstate for the position. Because all the current sunstate blokes would have had to have an opportunity to take the spot prior to anyone else, mainline, jetstar etc. Similarly the jetstar fo's have the first crack at command spots there when they came up at jetstar. The big benefit is to new joiners where the opprotunities open up alot more when positions become available within the group.
If you can suggeat another way of stopping the continual creating/ playing off group pilots amoungst each other, well spell it out. Don't waste time with the dribble of the uninformed here.
Perhaps Kaboy is right. Let's just forget about it and I let the missus and family know that singers is fine this time of year. Schooling and other costs I'm not so sure about.